|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Crocodile Car Agents Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Date Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Crocodile Car Agents Ltd, we or us||Crocodile Car Agents Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12249039 whose registered office is at 2 Crocodile Cottages, London Road, Danehill, East Sussex, RH17 7HS;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Crocodile Car Agents Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Crocodile Car Agents Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, http://www.crocodilecaragents.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
includingis understood to mean
including without limitation;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Crocodile Car Agents Ltd is the
data controller. This means that Crocodile Car Agents Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
7. Crocodile Car Agents Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed
Your rights below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
soft opt-inconsent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: Info@crocodilecaragents.co.uk.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
manifestly unfounded or excessive.Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: Info@crocodilecaragents.co.uk.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.